Mojave’s vegan earth day cupcake recipe
By popular demand, here’s the vegan cupcake recipe, for the cupcakes i made and handed out with liberationBC on earth day. I can’t take credit for this recipe, as it was passed down to me from friends, who had modified it, from other friends who had modified it, and since, I’ve added my own changes to it.
* 2 cups soy milk
* 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
* 2.5 cups flour
* 2 cups sugar (look for the capital V on the back of the sugar packaging)
* 4 tbp cocoa powder
* 1 tsp baking powder
* 1 tsp baking soda
* 1 tsp salt
* 2/3 cup vegetable oil
* 2 ounces blueberry (or cranberry or beet) juice
* 4 tsp vanilla extract
Mix soy milk and vinegar and leave to curdle for a couple minutes. Then mix all dry ingredients in a separate bowl (flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, salt). Pour oil, juice and vanilla extract into soy/vinegar mixture, then mix in dry ingredients. Pour into muffin trays (makes approximate 24) and *cook @ 350C for 15-20 minutes*.
* 1/2 cup “earth balance buttery spread” (or earth balance shortening)
* 1/2 cup “tofutti, better than cream cheese”
* 3 tsp vanilla extract
* 4 cups of vegan icing sugar (look for the capital V on the back of the sugar packaging)
Mix ingredients well, spread generously over cooled down cupcakes.